Monday 16 April 2012

Three Little Pigs Bento

We watched The Three Little Pigs play produced by The Little Company last Saturday. It was a wonderful play, entertaining even for the adults. We have been to plenty of their plays and we love every one of them. So, inspired by the play and also the cute three little pigs bento I saw at 5AMbento, I decided to make my version today. :)

IMG_8812
IT's bento, in the box are cold soba, fried prawns, sausage, strawberries and golden kiwis. Straw house is made of bread and cuttlefish strips. I had wanted to use dried fish strips instead, but I went to a few shops yesterday and could not find it. :( I saw it today though, at the regular supermarket that I do my marketing. Hiaz. :(

IMG_8810
LT's bento, same food as above. Stick house is made out of bread and Pretz sticks.

IMG_8811
IT's bento for recess, in the box are cold soba and prawns. Brick house is made out of bread and ham. :)

IMG_8806
Oops, three big bad wolves instead of one, lol. :P

IMG_8813
I prefer my soba with korean spicy sauce, the sauce is sweet, spicy and sour, recipe below. Argh, there's a strand of soba on my prawn, only saw it after I uploaded the photo. -_-

BIBIM GUKSU RECIPE

Ingredients:
1 serving of soba
2 tbsp korean chilli paste
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp roasted sesame seeds

Method:

  1. Boil the soba and run them under cold water.
  2. Add the ingredients and mix them well.
  3. Serve chilled.

8 comments:

  1. wow.. great ideas for the 3 houses.. and you make me want to eat soba now..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tks Bobo, hope u get to eat some soba, v refreshing in this hot weather. :)

      Delete
  2. wow~
    like the houses and the big bad wolves. i do know who is the eldest and who is the youngest pig. :)
    thanks for sharing the korean soba recipe, it makes me want to eat it right away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tks, TM. Do u mean u know the actors? My boy like the youngest pig! :)

      Delete
  3. Cute little pigs and the prawns looks so yummy! I'll have to try to cook soba someday soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tks, Rina, cold soba is great for the hot weather here. :)

      Delete
  4. So c....ute! just wondering how do u keep it cool till his recess time? the sauce packed separately? tks.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy. Yes, sauce is packed separately, either in a thermal container or I freeze them in an airtight container (the sauce will defrost by recess and still remain cold).

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. :) Kindly leave a nick or name if you are commenting as anonymous. Thank you! :)